Follow these steps to create a new dimension value.
1. To access the Dimensions form, click General ledger, and then click Dimensions.
2. Select the relevant dimension in the Dimension list.
3. Press CTRL+N to create a new line. The value in the Dimension field is populated based on the selection in step 2.
4. Enter a unique identifier for the dimension value in the Number field.
5. Enter a name for the dimension value in the Description field.
6. Select an employee responsible for this dimension, in the Employee drop-down list. This field is optional.
After dimension values are set up, you can assign them to the following:
General ledger transactions
Accounts Receivable transactions
Accounts Payable transactions